Friday, June 14, 2019

trying to get out of your own work



I am trying to back out of shot , about two thirds of the way through this Video,

 that my Son made for Me,  with his phone,  of My Sacred Grove,  or My Nematon.

Mine in the sense that I am the only person who has worked on making the space .

I had wanted to record the seasons new growth, untended winter into spring .

This is the place I did not know when I began .

Mountainside morning Sun

River down East

Stone up North

I alone have dug this well.

I carved the channels and ditches with my hands, shovel and pry- bar.

I raised up the Earth and stacked the Stone.

I heaped up mud and clay, sod and loam.

I planted Sweet Flag outside of the inner circle.

I have assembled and constructed  the center.

This is the place I did not know when I began.

This is  My Son's camera work ,

Beginning at the sacred groves entrance facing the setting sun.