Thursday, August 31, 2017

passing child of earth and sun

My Wife texted Me while commuting, of  the move from Hospital to Hospice, of My Friend,
 before I posted last to this blog, Hoping he might see it.

My Wife insisted that I repeat back to her the tarot card reading  I had shared with her earlier, that I had written in my sketch book/ journal the day before, from the first reading of a new "Tarot of Druids" deck I picked up on a college tour with  My Son.

My Wife was sending the reading to the Wife of My Friend, also a reader.
Apparently, He passed as I was going through the layout, the cards their position and meaning, not to worry about my wrong Irish name spelling for now etc.
The Seven of Cups,described as,inspiration- artistic success - desire to start over , the final card.





My Wife and I were going to pick up ceramic supplies and get three paintings and a print from a show that closed on My Son's birthday.
We had time to spare so we looked at the "hand made paint" studio and store next to the ceramic supply.
I bought a tube of oil paint labeled "Bohemian Green Earth."
My Wife was commenting about the special place that we went to dine next to the Rondout,
The Out of the Hospital restaurant.

My Wife received a text to call, when She checked her phone, after we had ordered the cold seafood  sampler and a couple of soups, I found out My Friend had died before the waitress came back.
We fed many hungry cute little sparrows with bread and oyster crackers in the outside dining area.

We were fortunate to spot a friend and gallerist of the Gallery we were going to, having dinner in the window of another storefront restaurant.
After picking up My four pieces we picked up some groceries,
I got a 2018 Almanac.
My Wife picked up a book from a free book table the library set up at the grocery store sliding door,
" THE TIMETABLES OF HISTORY, a horizontal linkage of people and events"