Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Is it all in My Head? getting ahead?

 

Snow is not so remarkable for the  mass volume of frozen water that it holds,

but the air trapped within..

 

 snow/psyche

Some of the comments on the amended proposal to the Bylaw changes on the Clergy Counsel list triggered a distinctly irreverent spiritual revulsion, deep within Me,

My Psychic Gag reflex,spiritual directors and intuitive Hygiene telling Me that I was responding to a perversion of what I find Holy and A- holey ,a corruption and miss-use, A contagion of funneled thought,Forced thinking. channeled  and polarized into being in support or against things as presented.

  I  choke back My words in that company

The Drama built up on line and within Me.

The Old Head calling a point of Order awaiting the Chair to respond.

The New Head mentions My first name twice in explaining the two third vote needed on his birthday.

I am on My first  absence from the council since it was formed over a decade ago.

I was in the Hospital six months ago, I requested  Medical Time Off ,

Because

I Was not going to be able to complete the essays of the required “Crisis Response” course as I had promised I would a few years back, when I got  My Stole from the new Head by the dead line of this Samhain.

If I had  not kept up with Study Program Standards I would have been the latest person Dropped- Un-Clergy-X-Revved.

My Priestly status being a matter of my continued active involvement in the Open ended curricula creation company as Religion!

Some where along the way the emphasis has changed from a group of people who share spiritual relationships with a plurality of Spirits,celebratory seasonal ritual and our Earth Mother to proving your worth by Essay writing and program development.

A new wave of people who were attracted to Priest, Clergy and Reverend were offered Free passage to that end.

I would have been a special sacrifice one of the “grandfathered” Originals, I pray to sticks and stones yet have not sworn an oath to the Program! made to bow down to the latest committee of volunteer experts and conform to their proposals.

Just as Likely to have disappeared unnoticed by most of the council trying to judge the new applicants for Priest hood by Augury of Essay ,without knowing or seeing the person in person by a person.

I am feeling Priestly pressure during my non- voting recovery time that I can share here.

My Experience , overseeing Sacrifice,Sacred  enclosure,Accepting creative contributions for a cause an effort, communicating with soul to souls..

Tick bitten Prophet, Barn Yard Beatnik, Senior Priest of ADF has this to say!

Do not mistake enrollment and attrition as progress or purity

Don’t let it go to your Head

It is not what You think, It may not matter what you Mind

Inflated sense of Self and Self Importance,Ego tripping, Sacred Missions ,Titles, roles we try to fill are often part of the sense, the experience of Spiritual growth , Organization and development., They are  also traps and distractions from what our Work and Identity are.  Status and Prestige are the default social collective Language when presented as such .

Group Identity, And feeling empowered to speak on behalf of More than Self ,

is a Head Trip.

 

oracular Head Ancient Wise